Monday, November 26, 2012

Using Markers as Paint

Hi there! Chrissie here today! Can you believe November is almost over? I hope you are getting your holiday cards done! Today I made a card using alcohol markers as 'paint!' Yup - not only can it be done (just like ink), it's very easy and not even that time consuming to do!


To create the above card, I first stamped the gift on a Post It note so I could mask off the packages.


Masking is easy and it just adds an extra something to any card or project.  :-)


I pulled out my non-stick craft mat and I scribbled on it with my marker.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers, but Copics will work just fine, too.  They are both alcohol markers.


Then I took a paintbrush and dipped in it a little bit of water and spread it around a bit.


I simply painted onto my stamped image.  I used Memento ink so it wouldn't bleed and I made sure it was dry.


I also tried this on an empty CD case to make sure it would work as well as a craft mat.  It worked, but it dried much faster.  You can also used a sheet of acetate, too if you don't have a craft mat or an empty CD case hanging around.


The nice thing is that after I painted sections of the image, I went back in with the markers to add some shading.  It's not blended like it is when you just use markers, but I think it's a nice look.  The dark areas really pop when you use the markers over the painted parts.


This is just another way to stretch the supplies you already have on hand and to try something new.  I hope you will give it a go!!!

Thanks for stopping by!









3 comments:

  1. Very cute stacked presents! Fun coloring technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun technique! This is the 2nd trick you've taught me since joining the LS team. I love the end look too, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat blog! Is yοur themе cuѕtom mаԁе οr dіd уou ԁoωnload
    it from somewherе? A theme like youгs with а few simple аԁjuѕtements would rеally make my blοg shіnе.
    Please let mе κnow wherе yоu got уοur deѕign.
    Αρprecіate it
    Here is my web blog : http://galaxys3.Fr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!